I am signing up for the “Defeat the Winter Doldrums” Dishcloth Swap. Sounds like fun, doesn’t it?
1. Do you knit, crochet or do both?
I am a knitter. My crochet skills are limited to a single crochet for edgings and only if necessary.
2. What types of needles do you enjoy using for making dishcloths?
I use primarily bamboo needles for all my knitting — either straight or circs or dpns.
3. What types of cotton do you enjoy using for making dishcloths? Is there any that you’ve been wanting to try?
I use Peaches and Cream, Sugar and Cream, and Lion Brand Kitchen Cotton. I have never tried the Crystal Palace Cotton Chenille, but thought it would be lovely.
4. What color(s) are your kitchen and bath decorated in (if any)?
Kitchen is green — more of a sage green. Bath is khaki, brown and peach.
5. What are your favorite colors for yarns? Least favorite?
My favorite colors are more earth tones — blues, browns, greens. I also like dark purples and reds. Not a fan of pink, orange or neon colors.
6. Do you like Winter, or do you count the days until it ends?
I am definitely a spring and fall person.
7. What’s your favorite way to brighten your day when you’re down in the dumps?
A good book, a cup of tea, and shortbread cookies. Coffee with good friends. Knitting and noshing.
8. What is your favorite treat to indulge in and when you are down in the dumps?
A nice cup of tea and shortbread. Or a cappuccino. Homemade bread with lots of butter is another good choice.
9. Do you drink coffee? Tea? Cocoa?
Yes, yes, and yes.
10. If you could take a vacation starting tomorrow and go anywhere for one week and money were no object,where would you go and what would you do?
I would go to Italy and see the sights and wander the streets and eat in all the small cafes and pizzerias and pasticcerias.
11. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should be aware of?
None that I can think of.