Here is my questionnaire for the swap:
1. My favorite kinds of coffee are Caribou Coffee — Kenya AA and La Minita Peaberry; Green Mountain Organic Espresso Blend and Ethiopian Yirgacheffe
2. I prefer whole bean, but ground is fine also.
3. I don’t care for flavored coffee. I do like Starbuck’s Holiday Blend.
4. I prefer drinking from a nice thick mug. I generally buy sets of not quite matching mugs at Pier 1
5. My favorite part of winter is snow
6. I celebrate Christmas
7. I do put up a tree
8. I have a small collection of snowmen, and I love vintage Santas
9. I wear scarves and mittens — never been a hat person. I do wear knitted headbands.
10. My favorite holiday treats are egg nog, coffee with the peppermint mocha creamer, cranberry scones, white chocolate peppermint dipped oreo cookies
11. One of my favorite winter memories is when I lived in Minnesota and my daughters and I would spend Sunday afternoons out on the cross country ski trails at the local park. I always made a thermos of real cocoa and took bagels and cream cheese to toast for our break in the lodge.
12. I am a knitter. I have knit off and on since I was ten years old, but have been a consistent knitter for the past 15 years.
13. Bamboo is my needle of choice. Straight or circular is fine. I also love to use dpn’s.
14. I knit a lot of socks, scarves, mittens, hats, baby sweaters, baby blankets. I have knit a few adult garments, but I generally stick to smaller items.
15. My favorite types of yarn to work with — merino, cotton wool blends, any type of sock yarn; I would love to try some of the new bamboos, soy, silk yarns.
16. I do not spin; I tried kool-aid dyeing once with a group of women and found it to be fun, but I don’t really dye yarn, either.
17. I don’t really do other crafts — some simple jewelry making on occasion. I spend my non-knitting time reading, playing music, gardening, and cooking.
18. My birthday is in late August.
19. Children — I have two daughters of the nonfurry persuasion. The eldest is 28 and is currently serving in Iraq with the Army. The youngest is 19 and lives at home and goes to school. I have two furry children — both Siamese — who are around 10-14 in age.
20. My favorite colors are sage green, indigo blue and dark brown.
21. No allergies of which I am aware.