Reality Bites!

Had a phone call Friday night regarding Ryan.  Ryan’s dad is also in the Army and he and eldest DD had worked out an agreement, but then eldest DD changed her mind and put in some unreasonable provisions.  Dad has now hired an attorney and it appears there may be a custody dispute over my little guy.  And Dad may get temporary custody.  So I will enjoy the time I have with Ryan as I don’t know how much longer it will last.

Finished the Seed Stitch Baby Jacket and gave it to the parents yesterday.  They loved it.  It is always nice to knit for  appreciative recipients.

I have been listening to Bruce Feiler read his book, Where God Was Born, on cd.  I finished disc 5 last night.  I hope to listen to the last disc this evening.

I have made some changes to my eating lately — only whole grains, more veggies, no processed foods, organic.  Saturday while Ryan napped in the late afternoon, I made some brown rice and then made a veggie primavera to eat with it.  It was very good — sliced yellow squash, baby carrots, chopped red pepper, and broccoli with a sauce made from olive oil, dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, and chicken broth.  Later in the evening I had a Kashi cinnamon oatmeal flax cookie with a cup of tea.  Yum!

I am also trying to be more environmentally conscious.  When I lived in Minnesota, I was very good about recycling and other environmental disciplines.  After I moved back to Kansas, which does not have any good recycling programs in my area, I recycled for awhile and then got lax.  I do use cfls in lamps and am slowly switching over to all cfls.  This weekend after reading a post on another knitter’s blog, I cleaned out all my cleaning chemicals — youngest DD benefited again — and purchased Borax, washing soda, vinegar, and lemons.  I spent a good chunk of Saturday afternoon cleaning my kitchen with Borax and warm water and what a good feeling it is — and my kitchen just sparkles.

Yesterday after Ryan got up from his nap, we called youngest DD and picked her up and went to the park.  He was happy to be outside in his stroller and watched everything and clapped and chattered.  It was around 57, and no wind, so it was a lovely day to get out.  We walked for about an hour and a half, then we headed over to Starbuck’s for sustenance.  Youngest DD and Ryan shared a vanilla cupcake — he had cherry puffs, but was not interested in those after he discovered he could eat bits of cupcake!  I satisfied myself with a nonfat cappucino.  It was a good afternoon. 


About ksknitter

I wear many hats -- mother and grandmother, paralegal, knitter, bass player in a praise and worship band, gardener, cook, avid reader, good friend, good listener -- just to name a few. View all posts by ksknitter

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: